As promised we want to speed up our release process. Today we want to release a minor update that fixes some bugs that were encountered in EV0001, so this is basicly EV0002 and provides some additional features.
If you don’t want to read about the changes you can grab the program directly in our download section.
Now the changelog:
- Linux: Support for detecting the RTP path by reading the Wine Windows registry (this means you can install the RTP via Wine)
- Fixes for the Android build system (still not working, are you an Android developer? Contact us!)
- Wii support
- Windows 98 support (compile with VS2005)
- For developers: Switched to Javadoc comment style and updated Doxygen documentation with new features (e.g. call graphs) (issue #67)
Gameplay related: (when this fixes an issue in a specific game it is mentioned in [brackets])
- Fake Battle System. The battle itself doesn’t work but you can select the outcome (Victory, Defeat (only for scripted defeats, doesn’t trigger a Game over) and Escape). Far away from being perfect but better then terminating like in 0.1
- Fix integer overflow on large maps (resulting in incorrect passability checks)[Hero’s Realm]
- Don’t restart BGM if the song is the same [Hero’s Realm]
- Fix passability check for event layer chipset tiles (issue #121) [Dragon Warrior 1 Remix]
- Fix transparency of autotiles (resulted in an orange tileset when parallax backgrounds were used, issue #104) [Dragon Slayer Gaiden] [Yumme Nikki]
- When a party member is on the maximum level, instead of displaying “——–” the current experience is displayed now, because this was confusing
- Adjusting music volume (needs support in SDL_mixer, probably not working for all files)
- MessageBoxes close now when a wait event occurs, should fix many not closing message boxes
- Experience and Level system implemented
- Switch command: Fixed indirect switch setting via variable
- States (Death, Poison, …): Display correct state in menu
- Fix item count underflowing (from 0 to 99) when an item that the player didn’t have was decresed
- Fix change hero sprite command
- Move event: Player transparency
The Player is still not suitable for daily use, please report any bugs you encounter in games so we can make it better. Thanks!