EasyRPG Editor is being made using cross platform components, it could be run at least on GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac OS X. Now you can test the first version built for Windows.
This build is far from being complete, it’s just a platform preview to demonstrate it can be on systems different than GNU/Linux.
Download EasyRPG Editor for Windows
You can open sample_game.rproject from the sample_game folder and load maps into the editor. Most dialog windows are not finished yet. Paint tool (pen) only paints one step each click. Editor will crash when closing project or when selecting the root element of the map tree. These crashes has been fixed already but not in this build.
Hi all. We apologize for the lack of updates last 6 months.
We’re busier than ever, even to write this. So, let’s see what’s new since the end of 2011:
- Moved upstream code to GitHub. [Falc]
- Added Jenkins build automation system. [take-cheeze]
- Made optional most CMake build requirements. [take-cheeze, fdelapena]
- Added GNU build system, to (cross-)compile with ./configure and make. [fdelapena]
- Wiki documentation updates, add README files. [fdelapena]
- Created python script to (re)generate reader structure with CSV files. [glynnc]
- Emulation bug fixes. [Ghabry]
- Automated nightly builds for PSP and Linux (32 bit). [take-cheeze]
- Initial painting tool. [Elektranox, Falc]
- Code rewrite. [Falc]
- Added more image and screen related operations. [elsemieni]
- Added more tests and RPG_RT.exe stub. [Ghabry]
Things on the way (not in upstream master branch yet):
- Player: Add debugger (F9 screen). [Ghabry]
- Web: New end user website. [Falc, fdelapena]
- Editor: Improve painting tool and major code rewrite. [Falc]
- Player: Android port. [fdelapena]
- TestGame: Make it RTP aware, separate 2000 and 2003 projects. [fdelapena]
Wanna help? Contact us via blog comments, forums, or IRC channel.
Map rendering is almost completed. The autotiles are not implemented yet, so at the moment they are drawn as normal tiles.
When switching between layers, some tiles are partially hidden in order to highlight those that are drawn on the selected layer. The event layer shows all the tiles and enables a grid.
The map can be displayed at different scales. Scrolling works correctly.
The map size limit is 500×500 tiles, as in RPG Maker. Huge maps do not need a lot of memory. The memory usage remains below 20 MB at the moment.
This is the new EasyRPG editor, written in Vala and GTK+. It replaces the old C++/WxWidgets editor.
The development started in september, and at the moment it can:
- Open and close EasyRPG projects (.rproject files)
- Show the “about” dialog
- Load the project maptree, keeping the tree-structure of the maps and allowing to reorder them through drag&drop.
The last report is already 3 months old, so it’s time for a new progress report, to show, that the project is not dead ;).
The devteam is currently busy with other stuff, that’s the reason for the development slowdown since the last months.
Changes since the last news post:
- Binary and Xml Read/Write support for all Rpg Maker formats; most work was by glynnc
- Because of the first point it’s “soon” possible to load and save games. Their are still some problems (e.g. games saved by easyrpg cause blackscreen in rpg_rt) to investigate before this is in a usable state.
- Proper timestamp (time when the game was saved) calculation that is consistent with the one from rpg_rt was added by takecheeze
- rikku2000 added a Makefile to compile for GPH-devices like GP2xWin and Cannoo; no idea how good this works, have fun trying ;)
- The Psp build was updated by takecheeze and compiles again
- And fdelapena was so kind to update the codelite project so you can compile the linux version now with a graphical interface :)
- OpenRTP Project: The user andwhyisit submitted free system and system2 graphics, in the screenshot below you can see his royal theme.